- Where We Stay
- Getting There
- What to Pack
- Helpful Hints
- Your Guides
- Favorite Photos
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
WHAT AIRPORT DO I FLY INTO?
You will fly into Florence airport. If you prefer to fly into Pisa or Rome and then take the train that is up to you. Both are great options.
WHERE WILL THE TRIP BEGIN?
Your exact pick up location is at the Pitti Palace on the Oltroarno (the other side of the river away from majority of tourists. This area is a super place to make a reservation if you are coming early or staying later. I recommend the airbnb’s in this area the most. Live like a local. You’ll love it!
IS TRANSPORTATION FROM FLORENCE TO WHERE WE WILL BE STAYING INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
Yes, of course. It is easier and more convenient for you to allow us to bring you to the heart of Tuscany, not to mention less expensive. This is a $150-$200 savings.
WHO CAN I CALL FOR HELP WHILE IN ITALY?
You should call me on what’s app +1 206 886 5743
WHERE DO WE DO YOGA?
The yoga space is both at Casanuova outside on the grass and at Casabella in a gazebo as well as on the grass by the pool. Students do need to bring their own mats.
WHAT ARE MEALS LIKE?
At Fattoria Lavacchio culinary excellence is one of the key philosophies, using only genuine and local organic ingredients produced directly on the estate or by neighboring farmers. This is the real farm to table.
El Molino Restaurant is world class, with an amazing chef, and you will delight in discovering authentic Tuscan cuisine. The restaurant looks onto a large terrace where you will dine by candlelight.
Fattoria Lavacchio have a holistic view of hospitality especially, food. That is why their cuisine is closely linked to the local territory and its products. Good health comes from using the fresh natural resources that surround you and using them with intelligence and love. They offer authentic local Mediterranean dishes: ancient delicacies bursting with flavors, from the simplest to the more elaborate Tuscan recipes.
WILL I BE SHARING A BATHROOM?
No you will not be sharing bathrooms with others. Accommodations are in one bedroom private apartments with private baths. All the apartments are independent, personalized and fully furnished inside our luxury 10th century Villa Casanuova. There are only 8 rooms.
WILL I BE ABLE TO EAT A VEGAN OR GLUTEN FREE DIET?
Yes of course. We will send out a questionnaire getting your dietary needs and restrictions so we can customize this trip to your needs.
WILL I BE ABLE TO BE UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN: EG RELAX BY A POOL?
Yes!! It would be a travesty to go to Tuscany and not have the opportunity to lounge by the pool under the magic of the Tuscan sun. The temperatures in Tuscany in the summer are tropical. As the Italians say, “one MUST have a pool to properly live in Tuscany in the summer.”
WHAT DO I WEAR?
Yes, it’s true, Italians are famously fashionable! Therefor consider your comfort level when you’re in Florence or Siena, or Rome whether you are going to feel less than your best if wearing casual jeans around the elegant Italians. When in Italy consider doing as the Italians (or Europeans) do and dress in easy to wear but stylish clothing. You will be moving around walking as you tour different cities so pack clothing that won’t wrinkle easily and for sure wear layers so that you can transition easily from cooler mornings to warm afternoons and wrap up again in the evenings. A great suggestion I offer women is to pack clothes all along a similar color scheme so you can easily mix and match. In this way you don’t have to have complete shirt-skirt-jacket combos when you can interchange your blouses/shirts, skirts, dresses, couple pair of pants and one cardigan, and jacket.
WHAT SHOULD I PACK?
Packing List Essentials
· Airline Tickets
· Picture ID
· Some Cash (in euros)
· Copies of hotel confirmations
· Emergency phone numbers
· Contact numbers to report credit cards lost
· Prescription and OTC medications
· Currency converter
· Plug adaptor/convertor
· Backup batteries
· Extra film or memory card
· Wine bag carrier
· Compression clothing bags or oversized zip lock bags to pack clothes flat and avoid wrinkles
Self-Care items to pack
· Travel alarm clock
· Book and magazines
· Glasses, sunglasses and contacts
· Anti-bacterial hand gel or wipes
· Hand lotion
· Small first-aid kit
· Non-perishable snacks while in transit
DO YOU HAVE OTHER HELPFUL ADVICE?
1. Speak to your bank to ensure you have security clearance to use your credit card in Italy and memorize your pin. Do check to find out what your daily ATM withdrawal limit is before going. This will be the easiest way to get cash. Also, check with your bank to be certain you know if there are extra fees for foreign withdrawals.
2. There is free wireless internet available. It is slower than we are used to now, but it works great for essential emails and surfing.
3. Make copies of your passport and tickets and keep them in a safe place in your luggage. If your passport is stolen, a copy will speed up the replacement process. Leave a second copy of your passport with a family member back home. It’s also a good idea to bring telephone numbers for your credit card company.
4. Get some Euros before you leave. Go to your bank at home and exchange a small amount of cash, just enough for a cab ride or basic spending on arrival. That way if you get into town and an ATM machine is down, you aren’t stressed. But don’t exchange too much. And don’t exchange money at the bureau de change or such at the airport because they usually charge an exorbitant fee (either via a horrid exchange rate, or high fees).
WHAT DO CLIENTS SAY ABOUT THIS TRIP?
Wonderful! Silvia is an insightful and loving teacher who has lifted me up more times that I could ever keep track of. Tuscany, Sienna and surrounding areas – all of the day trips that we did were wonderful. Lastly, but definitely not least, the yoga two times a day was a wonderful way to begin and end each day. ~Kimberly
This was also a very well organized trip and our guides deserve tremendous credit for leading us on some internal exploration as well as an external journey through stunningly beautiful landscapes ~Rich
You have such a gift for teaching and such of depth of knowledge and training, in both the physical and spiritual aspects of yoga. And you clearly embody all that you teach, I admire your sense of peace, calm, and thoughtfulness – you are beautiful inside and out – I want to bring more of these attributes into my life. ~Karen
If you’re looking for an authentic Tuscan experience, you really can’t beat staying in the heart of Tuscany. ~Janet