1. Willingness to let go of control. If you’re an independent type A personality, this could be a tough one for you. Being in a new place with unfamiliar food, a different schedule, and new people to meet can be uncomfortable at first. Your retreat guides know where your next meal is coming from and where you’ll sleep that night, so you don’t have to.
2. A sense of humor. Being able to laugh at yourself and accept that your yoga practice and your life aren’t always going to be graceful and smooth. Sometimes your tree pose is crooked and sometimes you belly flop into the pool while trying to do a jackknife dive. If either of those are the worst things that happen to you that day, life is pretty good!
3. Empathy. Depending on where you’re traveling, the culture and people who’s lives you’re intersecting with could be drastically different than what you know. Let understanding these differences be what brings you together as opposed to what divides you.
4. Openness to try new things. Traveling and yoga help us grow so much as people because they provide a change of pace, deviating from the safe lifestyles many of us have created for ourselves. It’s in that place outside our safety zone that we can really explore what we’re made of.
5. Courage. Courage to try that pose you’ve been resisting, courage to try foreign foods, and courage to make every day the best day of your life!
We travel the world to find the best yoga retreat centers. Prana del Mar has the best yoga studio’s around. They are 5 star as is everything you experience there from lodging to gourmet food.
JOIN US PRANA DEL MAR, CABO SAN LUCAS MANIFESTATION RETREAT NOV 30-DEC 7, 2013.
You will practice in both the Sun and Moon Studios.
At 1850 square feet, there is plenty of space to comfortably fit 40 students. The floor is a warm, golden, strand-woven bamboo and the thatched palapa roof overhead is a marvel of Mexican craftsmanship. All props are provided – including Manduka black mats, both bamboo and alder blocks, blankets, bolsters.
We all need to take a time out. Every single one of us. A retreat is just that, a retreat from daily grind in order to get clear on what you like about your life and what could be working better. Or even just realizing those things you’ve outgrown. Just like we have to clean out our closets now and again (whether we want to or not) we need to take time to mentally declutter as well.
My upcoming retreat to Prana del Mar, Baja Mexico is the perfect place and time to do this mental detox. And I include way more than just yoga. This is a life coaching experience where you’ll learn practical tools to apply to your life right away.
Join me, do it for you. Don’t wait.
*7 nights of accommodations in Deluxe Rooms at Prana del Mar
*Three Organic Feasts/day + snacks
*Two yoga classes a day with Silvia Mordini: 1 solar and 1 lunar (using 2 different studios too)
*Partner Yoga with Jacob Young and Silvia Mordini
*Meditation and pranayama
*Guided Labyrinth Meditation walk and History
*Fire Practice (ritual to remove blockages) Beach Bonfire
*Constellation Presentation on rooftop deck, drink in hand
*Interactive Cooking Class
*Kayaking and Snorkeling Adventure
*Spanish language class
*Guided Beach Hike on the 19 acre property
*1 Social Hour
*Eco-Friendly Goodie Bags
*Ground transportation inbound and outbound from airport