This article is part of a series of Seattle Yoga News articles focused on interviewing local yoga experts in the Seattle area on a variety of yoga topics that are relevant to our readers. This week’s article is focused on finding happiness and features Silvia Mordini.
With contagious enthusiasm, Silvia Mordini encourages everyone she meets to love their life. She has been inspiring happiness, global awareness, and joyful living in students for 20 years. Seattle Yoga News asked her a few questions about finding happiness. Here’s what she said:
Read the full article here.
Co-founder Silvia Mordini is an accomplished Happiness Coach. One of her many favorite inspirations is the book “How We Choose to be Happy”, where authors Rick Foster and Greg Hicks identify 9 choices that extremely happy people make.
What are those choices?
The happiest people:
1. Consciously choose happiness over unhappiness
2. Choose to accept full responsibility for their thoughts, actions, and feelings
3. Choose to look deeply inside of themselves to determine what makes them uniquely happy vs. looking to others to learn what should make them happy
4. Choose to keep what makes them happy central in their lives
5. Choose to convert problems into opportunities and find meaning in even the most painful times
6. Choose to be open to new opportunities and remain flexible and ready to adapt when the unexpected occurs
7. Choose to possess a deep and on-going appreciation for all that is good in their lives and to stay present focused
8. Choose to give of themselves generously and without expectation of being rewarded
9. Choose to be honest with themselves and others.