“Yoga believes in transforming the individual before transforming the world. Whatever change we want to happen outside should happen within. If you walk in peace and express that peace in your very life, others will see you and learn something.” – Sri Swami Satchidananda
ABOUT ALCHEMY OF YOGA:
This program is recognized by Yoga Alliance as a Registered 200-Hour Yoga School and offers you a unique opportunity to make a deep commitment to learning more about yourself. This soul-dive takes place in a safe haven: a nurturing environment to engage in open minded self-exploration. Silvia Mordini and the Alchemy of Yoga team are devoted to offering you an atmosphere in which freedom of expression, fun, creativity, and passion for life are totally encouraged! This program covers the foundations of the eight-limbed path of yoga and believes in yoga as a life-long truthful celebration of ourselves and our world.
OVERVIEW OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- EARTH: Foundational Alchemy – Rooting into Self and Manifestation (Chakra 1)
- WATER: Emotional Alchemy – Tapping into Your Potential and Living in Possibility (Chakra 2)
- FIRE: Physical Alchemy – Discovering Your Optimal Performance (Chakra 3)
- AIR: Mental Alchemy – Unlearning the Obstacles to Your Happiness (Chakra 4)
- ETHER/SPACE: Spiritual Alchemy – Transformation Living and Teaching Yoga (Chakra 5 – 7)
HOW DOES ALCHEMY OF YOGA WORK?
Something magical and mystical happens when a group of high-intentioned individuals make the decision to gather together for two-hundred hours with the purpose of uplifting their lives and expanding consciousness into radical authenticity.
The result is something beyond words. It is, as best as I can explain it, the Alchemy of Yoga. The Yoga Sutras (Chapter 2, Verse 1) explains how the Alchemy of Yoga actually works:
“Tapas svadhaya ishvara pranidhana kriya yoga.”
This sutra is translated to explain that yoga helps us transform ourselves on three levels:
- Physical Alchemy – Tapas
- Mental Alchemy – Svadhaya
- Spiritual Alchemy – Ishvara Pranidhana
Physical Alchemy – Tapas: Ignites the changes we want to make in our lives. It is about the getting fired up and passionate. Literally it means heating the body through moving and breathing in the vinyasa.
Mental Alchemy – Svadhaya: While we are following the discipline of tapas and engaging in physical practice to help move our stuck energy we are watching ourselves. In yoga we study the self to learn about the self. Here the mental alchemy is through self-observation. We witness what is going on in our thoughts, what are we thinking. We tune in to our intuition to enhance clarity and harmony between what we think, say and do. We remember to remember who we really are. Through this, our ego softens from being I centered to seeing our interconnectedness to all things, people, nature, energies. We humbly realize our nature of union in this interweb.
Spiritual Alchemy – Ishvara Pranidhana: As we are doing and watching, we let go of the ego of judgment. We move beyond wanting life to be different and begin to feel the surrender that allows what is being offered to mix together. We practice ishvara pranidhana as we trust the universal intelligence that hugs us from all directions to know what it is doing. Once we find this trust, we begin to believe that beauty and goodness are within us flowing non-stop. We understand that there is no reason to stop this flow for its natural current is to align with the current of grace that is everywhere outside us. Beauty becomes our way of life. Happiness becomes our natural alchemy once again.
HOW DOES ALCHEMY OF YOGA TEACH YOU? (Syllabus)
Initiation into Truth, The Four Agreements, How to Live an Inspired Life, Alchemy as a Map of Transformation, How and Why Alchemy of Yoga Works
EARTH: Manifestation – Rooting into Self
- Freedom from Fear/Shadow Work, Ethical Guidelines, Greatness & Living Honorably, The Hero/Heroine’s Path, Power of Manifestation, Living Your Yoga
WATER: Creation – Tapping into Your Potential
- Body Love, Spiritual Happiness, Svadhaya of Possibility, Intention & Dharma, Vision Boards & Dream Journaling, the Five Koshas
FIRE: Ignition – Tapas, Discovering Your Optimal Performance
- Recapitulation, Intrinsic & Extrinsic Movement, Bandhas, Somatics, The Neuroscience of Yoga, Developing a Personal Practice, Sun Salutations, Dancing Warriors, Moon Salutations, Mandala Namaskars, General Principles of Poses (Purpose, Stages & Benefits), How to Teach a Pose Safely to All Levels of Students, Stress Response + Relaxation 101, Restorative Poses, Yoga Therapeutics, Anatomy – Muscles + Bones
AIR: Edification – Svadhaya, Unlearning the Obstacles to Your Happiness
- Yoga History + Lineages, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, The Yamas & Niyamas, Alchemy of Balance + Happiness, Breathing (Pranayama), Meditation (Dhyana), Ayurveda, Dinacharya, Doshas + Guidelines for Balancing the Doshas, Nourishing the Physical Body + Ayurvedic Diet, Food Plans to Balance the Doshas
ETHER: Liberation – Ishvara Pranidhana, Transformation into the Infinite
- The Psychologically Healthy Teacher, Teaching as Art, Skill, & Service, Staying Inspired as a Teacher, Teacher Mission Statement, Teaching to the Heart of the Student, Creating a Safe & Sacred Space, Assessment of Class Energy, Mood, Style, The Essence of Great Teaching, Teacher & Student Relationship, Honoring the Sacred Seat of the Teacher, Ethical Relationships & Boundaries, Alchemy of Communication, Learning Sanskrit, Languaging, Class Theme Preparation, How to Theme in a Psychologically Healthy Way, How to Guide Students to Their Own Experience, The Art of Sequencing Vinyasa Flow, Wave Theory & Choreography, Energetic Anatomy, The Psychology of Yoga + The Chakra System ,The Business of Yoga & Sustainability