[button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/lumeria-maui-hawaii-february-2015-yogaretreat/”%5D Overview [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/lumeria-maui-hawaii-february-2015-yogaretreat/2/”%5D What’s Included [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/lumeria-maui-hawaii-february-2015-yogaretreat/3/”%5D Lumeria Where We Stay[/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/lumeria-maui-hawaii-february-2015-yogaretreat/4/”%5D Itinerary & Theme [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/lumeria-maui-hawaii-february-2015-yogaretreat/5/”%5D Excursions & Activities [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/lumeria-maui-hawaii-february-2015-yogaretreat/6/”%5D FAQs [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/lumeria-maui-hawaii-february-2015-yogaretreat/7/”%5D About Your Guides [/button]
WHERE WE STAY: Lumeria, Maui
Lumeria Maui is a luxury educational retreat center and stunning oasis of tranquility that connects people with the sacred ‘aina and mystery of Maui through its experiential classes & programs. Lumeria is located on six magnificently landscaped ocean view acres, just outside of the seaside village of Paia on Maui’s North Shore. The 1909 historic building was completely restored by award winning designer and author of ‘SoulSpace’, Mr. Xorin Balbes and features 24 luxurious guest accommodations.
Lumeria Maui hosts daily educational classes in meditation, yoga, and organic horticulture with farm-to-table dining experience. The world-class menu is sourced from Lumeria Maui’s own gardens and local organic farms.
Maui is Hawaii’s second largest island, known for it’s long stretches of beautiful beaches and perfect surfing conditions. Maui is also home to the magnificent East Maui Volcano or Haleakala, which translates to ‘House of the sun.’
The 24 guest accommodations are individually appointed and designed by Xorin Balbes, author of SoulSpace: Transform Your Home, Transform Your Life. Each room is individually appointed with unique furnishings from around the world, and artwork hand selected from local artists living on Maui. The intimately designed rooms facilitate deep relaxation, inner peace and tranquility.
- Ali’i Suite: Our Ali’i (Royal) Suite features breathtaking ocean, island and mountain views, and is located on the second story of our restored historic main building. The Ali’i suite overlooks our sunken terrace, with a private covered lanai and sitting area. With a four poster English antique king bed, elegantly appointed living area with a Venetian armoire, private kitchen and state-of-the-art bathroom with a steam shower, and two Japanese tansu bathroom vanities, our Ali’i Suite is for the discerning traveller seeking elegance and luxury.
- Mahina and I’iwi Suites: The Mahina and I’iwi Suites feature ocean, island, mountain and garden views. A King size bed with Italian made linens and plush pillows embraces you in ultimate comfort. A separate living room is designed with a luxurious full sized Indonesian daybed, a Balinese writing desk and chair, and an Indonesian armoire. The Japanese designed bathroom features an oversized shower with a rain showerhead and a river rock shower floor. The room also includes Wifi, an iPod docking station, a mini refrigerator and personal safe.
- King Bed Guest Room: The King Bed Guest Room features ocean, mountain, island or garden views. The Indonesian designed beds are made up with luxurious Italian linens, plush pillows and pillow top mattresses. The Japanese designed bathroom features a rain showerhead and river rock shower floor. The room also includes Wifi, an iPod docking station, a mini refrigerator and personal safe.
- Two Bed Guest Room: The Two-Bed Guest Room features ocean, mountain, island or garden views. There are different bedding combinations available, from a King Bed with Twin Daybed option, to a Double Queen Bed option. Beds are made up with luxurious Italian linens, plush pillows and pillow top mattresses. The Japanese designed bathroom features a rain showerhead and river rock shower floor. The room also includes Wifi, an iPod docking station, a mini refrigerator and personal safe.
WHERE WE PRACTICE YOGA:
- Iki Ohi Hale – Small Yoga Studio/Meeting Room: The Iki Ohi Hale studio is 750 sq. ft. and can fit up to 24 people for yoga or 40 people for meetings. The studio features mirrors all along one side and is equipped with yoga props, including mats, bolsters, straps and blankets. The space is ideal for smaller more intimate gatherings to practice yoga or health and wellness, host a small music venue, educational gathering or for a class or presentations. The room can be transformed into a meeting room for conferences and workshops. The Iki Ohi Hale is decorated with crystals to calm the mind and sooth the soul.
- Nui Ohi Hale – Yoga Studio/Meeting Room: The Nui Ohi Hale is 1,500 sq. ft. and can fit up to 60 people for a yoga class and 80 people for a conference/meeting. It is equipped with yoga props, including mats, bolsters, straps and blankets. The space is ideal for larger groups, retreats, conferences, workshops, meetings, live music performances, dance, yoga and more. The room is equipped with a stereo system and high quality microphone headset for instructors with large classes. This building is in a quiet and peaceful setting, adjacent to Kumu Makani, our whispering pine forest.
- Yoga Deck/Yoga Platform: The outdoor yoga deck sits just below a sunken terrace and overlooks the ocean and valley, allowing you to connect with nature. It is the perfect spot for a sunset meditation or yoga class. It is 1,250 sq. ft. and can fit up to 40 people for yoga.
- Sunken Terrace: With a warm topical breeze, sunshine and ocean view, the 8,000 sq. ft. lower terrace is perfect for outdoor yoga practice, martial arts, tai chi, Bocci ball, lawn bowling, star gazing, events and gatherings, movies, or musical performances. Sitting in the courtyard, surrounded by gardens and Lumeria’s historic buildings, the lower terrace is one of the most sacred and peaceful spots, with an antique Buddha statue holding sacred space. It can fit up to 200 guests or 125 people for yoga. We offer the use of a portable sound system for events and workshops in the sunken terrace.
FINE DINING: A Loving Journey from Seed to Garden to Table
At Lumeria Maui, they believe that healing the human body and soul begins with our connection to the earth and the love that is present while growing and preparing food. These crucial elements promote transformation for each other and the world. Our nutritional alchemist, Chef Indica Chaves, has designed our menu with the freshest and finest quality seasonal ingredients—all harvested from the bounty of our gardens and other local farms.
Harvest, our farm-to-table dining café, provides a rich journey of awakening the senses of taste and smell and providing nutritional, emotional and physical wellness. Each of the meals presented are visually artful and provide a balanced blend of natural nutrient-rich foods. A light breakfast is included with your accommodations and fees – for up to two people. Dinner is served nightly with one seating at 6:30 p.m. Please call for reservations at least 24 hours in advance.
Additionally, we offer the Lumeria Maui Detox-Cleanse for those on a cleansing journey. We understand the importance of periodically detoxifying the body; our detox-cleanse is designed to be nourishing and sustaining as you cleanse and detoxify – physically, mentally and emotionally. For more information on the Lumeria Maui Detox-Cleanse, please visit the “Signature Programs” page of our website. On our retreat, you can opt for the Lumeria Maui Detox-Cleanse for no difference in cost.
Sample Dinner Menus
Romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese
Garlic croutons and zesty Caesar dressing
Mediterranean braised natural Beef
Onions, tomatoes, garbanzo beans and olives
Oven roasted potatoes
With extra virgin olive oil, rosemary and thyme
Grilled mixed vegetables
Lemon curd with Chantilly cream
Vegetarian Spring rolls,
Thai chili dipping sauce
Mixed Green salad,
Carrot ginger dressing
Korean braised short ribs
Mashed Molokai sweet potatoes,
Grilled baby bok choy
Macadamia nut crusted catch of the day
Coconut scented basmati rice, stir-fry vegetables
Special Entrée of the day
Vegetarian (vegan, gluten free)
Tahini pad Thai
Rice noodles, local organic vegetables,
Choice of tofu or tempheh
Freshly prepared corn tortilla chips
With organic fire roasted tomato salsa and guacamole
Braised free range organic Chicken
With guillijio pepper cacao mole
Peruvian toasted quinoa with Maui onions and locally grown cilantro
Chayote squash with tri-colored sautéed sweet peppers, chili and Limón
Seasonal tropical fruit with coconut ice cream and Caramel sauce
Asian slaw salad
Julienned Napa cabbage, crispy wonton strips, carrots, scallions, with orange Supremes and sesame rice wine dressing
Macadamia nut crusted mahi-mahi
Marinated with lemongrass, kefir lime and fresh ginger
Coconut scented jasmine Rice
Eggplant with candied orange walnuts
Shocked red peppers, mint and fried glass noodles
Tapioca parfait with fresh fruit
Mixed green salad
With tomatoes, onion,red cabbage
Carrot ginger dressing
Seared Ahi Coated with black sesame seeds
Drizzled With miso ginger sauce
Tahini pad Thai
Rice noodles, peppers and fresh herbs
In an aromatic Tahini sauce
Hawaiian vanilla bean and Maui pineapple crispSeasonal vegetable stir fry
Corn bread with honey butter
Red onion, avocado, roasted corn
And purple potatoes with a peanut dressing
Grilled Barbequed Tempeh
Pineapple bourbon sauce
With wild mushroom gravy
Southern braised collard greens
Apple and sour cherry crisp