[button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/bali-yoga-retreat-october-2015/”%5D Overview [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/bali-yoga-retreat-october-2015/2/”%5D What’s Included [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/bali-yoga-retreat-october-2015/3/”%5D Excursions [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/bali-yoga-retreat-october-2015/4/”%5D Itinerary [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/bali-yoga-retreat-october-2015/5/”%5D FAQs [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/bali-yoga-retreat-october-2015/6/”%5D Spa & Healing [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/bali-yoga-retreat-october-2015/7/”%5D Pool [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/bali-yoga-retreat-october-2015/8/”%5D Retreat Cuisine [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/bali-yoga-retreat-october-2015/9/”%5D Getting to Bali [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/bali-yoga-retreat-october-2015/10/”%5D Lodging [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/bali-yoga-retreat-october-2015/11/”%5D Etiquette [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/bali-yoga-retreat-october-2015/12/”%5D What to Pack for Bali [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/bali-yoga-retreat-october-2015/13/”%5D Where is Bali [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/bali-yoga-retreat-october-2015/14/”%5D About Your Guides [/button]
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
• Who is Teaching Yoga on this retreat? We have the great fortune to have 2 Teacher Guides, Silvia Mordini E-RYT and Jacob Young RYT. You’ll find more about your 2 Guides: Silvia Mordini and Jacob Young on our Guide Page http://www.alchemytours.com/your-guides/
• Do I need a visa to visit Bali? Yes, depending on your nationality. U.S. passport holders will need to show a passport valid for six months after the arrival date in Bali, a return ticket and $25USD (in exact change) for a 30 day visa. Visa regulations have been in flux in Bali for almost a decade so it is recommended that you check with your consulate for the most up to date information.
• How do I get from Denpasar to the retreat? Transfers are included via private transport. If you have any questions regarding your arrival time and transportation availability, please contact Alchemy Tours (email@example.com) before booking. Occasionally flights arrive into Denpasar in the early morning hours (1-5am) which can make timely transfers difficult.
• What is the electrical currency/outlet in Bali? Bali utilizes the standard British plug (two flat blades and one flat grounding blade) and the European plug (two round pins) and is at 230V. Adapters will be necessary if you are taking any electrical items.
• Do I need any inoculations? Generally speaking, traveling to foreign countries exposes you to new germs and diseases. All inoculations or malaria tablet inquiries need to be directed to your physician for an accurate assessment of your individual need or preference.
• Is there internet access on property? While we hope you’ll try and unplug… yes, there is wi-fi on property.
• What will the weather be like? Because of it’s equatorial location, Bali tends to have fairly stable weather with the ‘wet’ season occurring between mid November and April and the ‘dry’ season between May and October. It is generally always hot with temperatures hovering in the mid to high 80s and up.
• Will I need to ‘dress’ for dinner? The dress code is completely up to you. It is very warm well into the evenings so dress for comfort over fashion. There is no ‘dress code’ in this relaxed and kicked-back atmosphere.
• How do I book an optional excursion? All excursions can be booked at the retreat at any time during your stay. If there is something that you know you absolutely MUST experience while in Bali, it’s best to book early in the week to avoid disappointment.
• What are some handy words to know?
Good morning: Selamat pagi
Good mid-day: Selamat siang
Good evening: Selamat malam
Good-bye: Selamat tinggal (if you’re leaving)/Selamat jalan (someone is leaving you)
Yes: Ya No: Tidak
Thank you: Terima kasi
You’re welcome: Kembali or sama-sama
How are you?: Apa kabar?
What is this / that?: Apa?
Very good: Baik juga!
Please: Silakan Careful: Hati-hati!
One more: Satu lagi Finished: Habis
Bill, please: Minta bon
Excuse me: Permisi or ma’af
Doesn’t matter: Tidak apa-apa (Note: letter ‘c’ pronounced as ‘ch’)
Do you speak English: Bisa bicara Bahasa Inggris?
I don’t speak Indonesian: Saya tidak bisa bicara bahasa Indonesia.
I don’t understand: Saya tidak mengerti.
Where are you from?: Dari mana?
I am from America: Saya dari Amerika.
How long have you been in Bali?: Sudah lama di Bali sini?
I have been in Bali for…: Saya sudah di Bali…..
What is your name?: Siapa nama anda?
My name is….: Nama saya……..
What time is it?: Jam berapa?
Where are you going?: Ke mana? Turn left / right / straight / stop: Belok kiri / belok kanan / terus / stop
Where is the bathroom?: Di mana kamar kecil? Where…?: Di mana? kantor pos = post office kantor polisi = police station toko = shop bank = bank kamar saya = my room WC (way-say) = toilet kamar mandi = bathroom Currency / Exchange Rate: $1 US dollar = 8,675 IDR (Indonesian Rupiah)
Can you help me?: Bisa bantu saya?
I want…: Saya mau…
I want this: Saya mau ini.
I would like: Saya minta
I don’t want it: Saya tidak mau
Do you have?: Ada?
I like: Saya suka
How much / many?: Berapa?
How much?: Berapa harga?
Too expensive: Terlalu mahal
Counting 1 = satu 2 = dua 3 = tiga 4 = empat 5 = lima 6 = enam 7 = tujuh 8 = delapan 9 = sembilan 10 = sepuluh More Numbers 11 = sebelas 12 = dua belas 13 = tiga belas 18 = delapan belas 20 = dua puluh 21 = dua puluh satu 22 = dua puluh dua 30 = tiga puluh 57 = lima puluh tujuh 100 = seratus 104 = seratus empat 135 = seratus tiga puluh lima 200 = dua ratus 1000 = seribu 2500 = dua ribu lima ratus 10 000 = sepuluh ribu 15 576 = lima belas ribu lima ratus tujuh puluh enam 1 000 000 = satu juta 3 500 000 = tiga juta lima ratus ribu