[button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/thailand-art-of-adventure-exploration-culture-yoga-retreat-2014/”%5D Overview [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/thailand-art-of-adventure-exploration-culture-yoga-retreat-2014/2/”%5D What’s Included [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/thailand-art-of-adventure-exploration-culture-yoga-retreat-2014/3/”%5D Excursions [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/thailand-art-of-adventure-exploration-culture-yoga-retreat-2014/4/”%5D Itinerary [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/thailand-art-of-adventure-exploration-culture-yoga-retreat-2014/5/”%5D FAQs [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/thailand-art-of-adventure-exploration-culture-yoga-retreat-2014/6/”%5D Cuisine & Spa [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/thailand-art-of-adventure-exploration-culture-yoga-retreat-2014/7/”%5D Where is Thailand [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/thailand-art-of-adventure-exploration-culture-yoga-retreat-2014/8/”%5D Accommodations [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/thailand-art-of-adventure-exploration-culture-yoga-retreat-2014/9/”%5D Etiquette [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/thailand-art-of-adventure-exploration-culture-yoga-retreat-2014/10/”%5D What to Pack for Thailand [/button][button link=”http://www.alchemytours.com/2014/01/thailand-art-of-adventure-exploration-culture-yoga-retreat-2014/11/”%5D Getting to Samahita Retreat [/button]
WHAT TO PACK FOR THAILAND
• Sunglasses (even a spare wouldn’t hurt)
• Hat! You are close to the equator!
• Sunblock. I would bring one large tube for the week, and then a nicer tube of sunscreen for your face with a higher SPF.
• Light clothes in natural, breathable fabrics. No heavy synthetics, especially not for yoga.
• Choose colors that will reflect the light of the sun; white is a staple and you can never go wrong with it.
• You’ll be wearing on average two outfits a day: yoga and then some throw-over type dress or shorts/top combination for later.
o Lightweight longer sleeve tops to protect from sun
o Light and airy beach pant will offer you extra coverage and still keep you cool from the heat.
o In general? 5 tops, 3 bottoms, 2 dresses, 1 outerwear, 3 pairs of shoes
• Yoga clothes (but no need to overdo it, we don’t mind if we see you in the same outfit more than once.)
• Scarf to cover shoulders (or buy one there)
• Shorts above the knee are fine on the beach or touristy destinations
• Shoes: you need flip flops and a pair of shoes you can walk/hike around in (closed athletic shoe). No need to bring your heavy hikers. And cute set of sandals.
• An extra pair of contacts if you wear them, sunglasses and sunscreen.
• For hiking, be sure to have a lightweight backpack to carry your personal belongings
• Chargers for phone, camera
• A small backpack or bag you can bring your magazines and sun block and such.
• Bug repellent (at least something, then you can always buy more sprays)
• Little wetnaps or kleenex pack. Most of the nice places will have toilet paper, but it won’t be unusual not to find any or easy way to wash your hands. It is a good idea to keep little wet naps or tissue with you at all times just in case.
• Earplugs if you have a hard time sleeping to the sound of nature.
What NOT to pack for Thailand:
• Tons of clothes.
• Don’t try to bring an electric toothbrush because the outlets may fry the charger.
• Lots of shoes: The only shoes you will need in Thailand are flip flops and a good pair of walking/water shoes if you want to do any hiking. Do not bring high heels or fancy shoes unless you’re spending time in Bangkok.
• Expensive jewelry