Ciao & Kind Namaste!
Alchemy of Yoga Teacher Training is Jedi training for the Superhero inside all of us! It is wholeheartedly dedicated to the art of self-discovery. Think of this as Happiness Training.
Who am I to you? My teaching intention is to serve you as a compassionate mentor who inspires honest self-inquiry and ultimate transformation. This goes way beyond just teaching, mentoring means I have the opportunity to hold space for your growth now and forever. This is an intimate experience where I want you to feel understood (for some of us for the very first time).
“It is not enlightenment we need; it is intimacy. It is not positive thinking or awareness we need, but intimacy. Intimacy gives us these.” – Mark Whitwell
In our intimate Kula, community of the heart – an extended family, of no more than 18 students we can delve into the deepest study of who we are so we can live our happiness in a big way. This is the ultimate adventure. A Hero’s Journey.
This is the part where you find out who you are.
This will be an adventure that will both challenge and encourage you to embrace your potential and playfully make your super hero powers come alive. More than having you master some yoga poses, I want to see you become more self-aware and self-confident.
Joseph Campbell found that there was one CRUCIAL part of every Hero’s Journey – and that is the “Call to Adventure”. That moment when the hero is living his or her normal life and something changes, there is an opportunity to go on a journey. I want to see you say YES to your greatest potential!
Yoga inspires us to aspire to our greatness! The practice tells us that not only do we already possess our greatness, we have a responsibility to share it with the world.
So, consider this in-depth self-study program as a YES to one of the ultimate adventures of your life! Join me to feel more empowered to love your life!
With peace in all ways,
~Silvia~ Alchemy of Yoga
With deep respect and honor: This program is enriched by many ancient teachings, not just yoga, it also draws from Joseph Campbell, Brene Brown, Thich Nhat Hahn, Pema Chodron, Jack Kornfield, Shamanism, Ayurvedic studies, Mythology, and energy systems like the Chakras.
“Yoga believes in transforming the individual before transforming the world. Whatever change we want to happen outside should happen within.” – Sri Swami Satchidananda
OVERVIEW OF YOUR ADVENTURE
1. 1st Chakra: Alchemy of Yoga: Tapping into Your Potential and living in Possibility
2. 2nd Chakra: Flow: Discovering Your Optimal Performance
3. 3rd Chakra: Unlearning the Obstacles to Your Happiness
4. 4th Chakra: Express yourself! Self-love, Tapas and Healthy Habits
5. 5th Chakra: Relationship Yoga: Communication
6. 6th Chakra: 5 Elements Alchemy of Yoga
7. 7th Chakra: Awareness of Awareness: Transformation into the infinite
$3,650 Double, Triple (email us), $4350 Single
RYT200 Alchemy of Yoga Training
300 Page Training Manual
50 Exercise Booklet
Three Delicious Gourmet Meals Daily
Free Internet Access
Time for Exploration and Relaxation
Eco-Friendly Goodie Bags
Airfare to and from the trip, transfers and spa services.
APPLY NOW: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deposit: A $500 dollar deposit will reserve your space.
TO REGISTER AND SAVE YOUR SPOT:
You can pay with check, direct bank deposit, or credit card or Paypal on line but we most prefer checks. Please send checks to Alchemy Tours | 2227 11th Ave W | Seattle, WA 98119 .
TEACHER TRAINING SYLLABUS:
*Provided via email
1. Immersion for serious students looking to deepen their practice and knowledge of yoga asana, meditation, philosophy and spirit but don’t want to teach yoga.
2. RYT200 Yoga Alliance Certification program designed for those who are interested in teaching.
MORE DETAILS: http://www.alchemytours.com/?p=7438
ABOUT ALCHEMY OF YOGA:
This 200 hour program is recognized by Yoga Alliance as a REGISTERED 200 HOUR YOGA SCHOOL and offers you a unique opportunity to make a deep commitment to learning more about yourself. The Sanctuary at Two Rivers is a safe haven: a nurturing place to engage in open minded self-exploration. I am devoted to offering you an atmosphere in which freedom of expression, fun, creativity and passion for life are “totally” encouraged! My program covers the foundations of the 8 limbed path of Yoga and believes in yoga as a life-long truthful celebration of ourselves and our world.
WHY THIS PROGRAM CHANGES YOUR LIFE:
Something magical and mystical happens when a group of high-intentioned individuals make the decision to gather together for 200 hours with the purpose of uplifting their lives & expanding their consciousness into radical authenticity. The result is something beyond words. It is, as best as I can explain it, the Alchemy of Yoga at its best. Chapter 2 verse 1 of the Yoga Sutras sets forth how the Alchemy of Yoga actually works. “Tapas svadhyaya ishvara pranidhana kriya yoga.” Translated to mean that yoga helps us transform ourselves on three levels:
1. Physical Alchemy – Tapas helps us ignite the changes we want to make in our lives. It is about the getting fired up and passionate. Literally it means heating the body through moving and breathing in the vinyasa
2. Mental Alchemy – Svadhaya. While we are following the discipline of tapas and engaging in physical practice to help move our stuck energy we are watching ourselves. In yoga we study the self to learn about the self. Here the mental alchemy is through self-observation. We witness what is going on in our thoughts, what are we thinking.
3. Spiritual Alchemy – ishvara pranidahana. As we are doing and watching we let go of the ego of judgment. We move beyond wanting life to be different and begin to feel the surrender that allows what is being offered to mix together. We practice ishvara pranidhana as we trust the universal intelligence that hugs us from all directions to know what it’s doing. And once we find this trust we begin to believe that beauty and goodness are within us flowing nonstop and there is no reason to stop this flow for its natural current is to align with the current of grace that is everywhere outisde us. Beauty becomes our way of life. Happiness becomes our natural alchemy.
You see when you get together in a Teacher Training Tribe (aka Alchemy of Yoga) we are all like the Alchemist in his/her laboratory mixing ingredients. For us as yogis our laboratory is our mat and the ingredients are our bodies, our poses, our breath, our thoughts and the mixing it all together creates a different result every time. A Teacher Training Program changes your life. You wake up to the power you have to go into the laboratory of your life experience and mix the potions you want to create your best life going forward!
I believe that the Alchemy of Yoga Teacher Training Program sparks the fire of transformation in everyone. Apply today! Namaskaram!
• Techniques 100 Contact Hours/15 Non Contact Hours: Includes asanas, pranayamas and meditation. These hours include both training in the techniques and the practice of them.
• Teaching Methodology 25 Contact Hours/6 Non Contact Hours: Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, and the student’s process of learning.
• Anatomy and Physiology 14 Contact Hours/6 Non Contact Hours: We will incorporate awareness of physical and subtle anatomy throughout training.
• Philosophy, Ethics, & Lifestyle 20 Contact Hours/10 Non Contact Hours: Study of Yoga Philosophy (Yamas, Niyamas), Yoga Scriptures (Yoga Sutras), ethics for yoga teachers, ‘living the life of the yogi’.
• Practicum 10 Contact Hours: Includes observing and assisting in classes taught by others. Hours may be a combination of supervised and unsupervised. (5 hours of assistant teaching, 5 hours of observing classes.
• Electives/Independent Study 10 Contact Hours/5 Non Contact Hours: these hours will include assigned reading or other homework like book reports, unsupervised study/meditation groups, classes, workshops, community service (mandatory element, 5 hours of Karma Yoga Student Teaching).
YOGA ALLIANCE CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS RYT200
1. Observations: Email me on the exact dates/name of teacher/location where you have completed your 5 observations. To get credit for these observations you will be required to complete a brief report (a paragraph or two but please no more for each).
2. Assistant Teaching: Email me on the exact dates/name of teacher you assisted/location where you have completed your 5 assists. To get credit for assisting you are required to submit a paragraph report for each.
3. Student Teaching: Email me the exact dates/location where you have teach 5 complete classes. To get credit you must submit a paragraph report for each.
4. Karma Yoga: Email me the exact dates/location where you have taught 5 hours for FREE. To get credit you must submit a paragraph report for each.
5. Asana Sheets: Email me the completed Asana sheets or print out 1 copy and submit.
6. Final open book exam. Email me your final or print out 1 copy and submit
7. Attendance: 180 contact hours
10: Action: Conscious relationships and ethics in line with Yoga Alliance
For each teacher trainee it takes a different amount of time to “complete” the program post classroom sessions. Everybody has their own yoga and we respect that. I honor this and namaste you! And I want you to LIVE your namaste as you do what you feel is best for you.
1. The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali,Swami Satchitananda or Secret Power of Yoga, Nichala Joy Devi Practice:
2. Yoga The Spirit and Practice of Moving Into Stillness, Eric Schiffman
3. Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith
4. The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies by Vasant Lad
5. Yoga for Wellness, Gary Kraftsow, Penquin, 1999
6. Teaching Yoga: Exploring the Teacher-Student Relationship, Donna Farhi
7. Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life, Judith Lasater
8. The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Dr Ray Loong
9. The Heart of Yoga: Developing A Personal Practice, Desikachar
Recommended Books: Yogi Bare by Philip Self The Language of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman Yoga from the Inside Out by Christina Sell A Path With Heart: A Guide through the Perils and Promises of Spiritual Life & Wherever You Go There You Are by Jack Kornﬁeld Anatomy of Movement, Blandine Calais-Germain