Part of our YUW Yoga Retreat Exploration:
You create your reality. A simple concept, yet one that is difficult to remember.
While holding a difficult pose, we often create a story in our mind. For me, my nemesis, chair pose always brought this on. The more dramatic and exaggerated the story, the harder the pose was to hold. At times, I would tell myself that this pose was going “to kill me”. Pretty quickly, I started to believe that it really was out to get me. This is what happens when our minds our polluted and filled with distraction.
Through the power of meditation, we calm our minds and harness the power of our ~60,000 thoughts per day. From this peaceful place, we can more clearly see the inner messages that reveal themselves about life’s direction. Meditation leads the way to the strength of manifestation.
In chair pose (or pose that you find challenging), try to tell yourself a new story: one of easeful self-confidence. You will soon find that the pose becomes what you want it to be, an expression of personal empowerment.
In Manifestation Creation, we take this one step further: “To hold an image in our mind increases the possibility that it will materialize.” Think about that. Say it aloud, write it down, repeat it. If you see something in your mind, you will manifest it. But if you don’t know how to harness the power of your mind into that image and stay with it, then you water down the opportunity to tap into your greatest potential.
When I was in Junior High and High School I practiced archery. I got pretty good. But even at my peak performance, had you put a blindfold on me, the arrows would not have come anywhere near the bulls-eye. The learning here is that We can’t hit targets that we can’t see. You have to see what you’re aiming at.
Today, open your mind with meditation and get clear on your target.
5 Key Actions to Manifesting Your Best Life:
1. Manifestation Creation: Outline your intentions for an ideal moment one year from today.
2. Write down what you visualize as the target of your manifestation. . (Science tells us by writing it down you direct the other 59,000 to focus on that one. As the lululemon manifesto says, “the conscious brain can only hold one thought at a time. Choose a positive thought.”)
3. Aim for the bulls-eye of your intention.
4. Stay true to what you want to manifest by posting your bulls-eye manifestation, rereading what you’ve written and journaling about your progress and passion to make this your reality
5. Tell others about your target: Say it aloud. Repeat, repeat, repeat.