Some key things to remember when making preparations for a yoga retreat in Italy (or Europe for that matter):
1. As an added precaution against lost luggage, we suggest you pack your most important things and a change of clothes in your carry-on.
2. Speak to your bank to ensure you have security clearance to use your credit card in Italy and memorize your pin. Do check to find out what your daily ATM withdrawal limit is before going. This will be the easiest way to get cash. Also, check with your bank to be certain you know if there are extra fees for foreign withdrawals.
3. You will find internet available, but keep in mind that “high speed” internet in Italy is closer to a 56k dial-up modem, and is not intended for streaming videos or large pictures. It works great for essential emails and surfing, however.
4. Make copies of your passport and tickets and keep them in a safe place in your luggage. If your passport is stolen, a copy will speed up the replacement process. Leave a second copy of your passport with a family member back home. It’s also a good idea to bring telephone numbers for your credit card company.
5. Get some Euros before you leave. Go to your bank at home and exchange a small amount of cash, just enough for a cab ride or basic spending on arrival. That way if you get into town and an ATM machine is down, you aren’t stressed. But don’t go nuts exchanging too much. And don’t exchange money at the bureau de change or such at the airport because they usually charge an exorbitant fee. For another thing, they never give you the true going exchange rate, but always give you less in euros than your home-country currency is worth.
ABOUT SILVIA MORDINI, E-RYT, lululemon Ambassador, Life Coach, Teacher Trainer, Manduka Ambassador, Ombassador for Yogitunes
Enthusiasm to love your life is contagious around Silvia. Her expert passion connects people to their own joyful potential. Silvia lives her happiness in such a big way that you can’t help but leave her classes, workshops, trainings and retreats spiritually uplifted!
Being a citizen of the world and spiritual adventurer is in her blood. Born in Ecuador, raised traveling around the world she is an enthusiastic friend gatherer who loves to discuss happiness psychology, poetry, music, books, travel and philosophy. She is a long-time love anthropologist and humble student of life who enjoys meeting interesting people, spiritual seekers, soul surfers and most anyone who makes her laugh.
Silvia currently resides in Seattle where she makes yoga approachable and inspiring for everyone. Her focus is on bringing more fun on the mat with the hope that how we practice our yoga becomes how we live our life. As an Experienced Yoga Teacher (E-RYT) with over 9,000 hours of yoga teaching experience who has been practicing yoga over the last 15 years after being run over by a car and using it to recover physically and emotionally.
Silvia is the creator of Alchemy of Yoga, a nationally recognized RYT200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training (Self-Study) Program in its 12 cycle. She owned a successful, well-loved Chicagoland yoga studio for 9 years. Silvia writes regularly for mindbodygreen.com along with producing her “Loving Your Day” videos and Love Your Life yoga blog. She is a proud lululemon ambassador, life coach and Manduka ambassador, who offers popular workshops on Living Your Yoga, Chakra Vinyasa, Hip-Hop Yoga, Yoga and Journaling, Ayurveda, Meditation and Manifestation. Silvia and her partner also lead Spiritual Adventure Yoga Retreats Nationally and Internationally through Alchemy Tours.
Silvia can be reached:
Web: http://www.alchemytours.com or http://www.silviamordini.com
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Silvia Mordini (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1164596386)