When going on retreat you know upon arriving you’ll be spoiled with organic, delicious cuisine. However, in transit before arriving to your destination it may take a bit more pre-planning to eat well. Here are some of our best tips to help you.
1. Bring your water bottle (dont’ forget to empty it before security).
2. Prior to taking off, while in the air and upon landing drink lots and lots of water.
3. Eat something at home before you begin your travel day. Start with a good foundation.
4. Bring portable, easy to carry healthy snacks. Things you know you’ll eat and enjoy otherwise you’ll ignore them.
5. Stay with your routine of coffee,tea. Travel days are not the time to go caffeine free all of a sudden.
6. Eat something en route that is simple and easily digestible. Pay more at the airport if you have to. It’s worth it instead of paying less for something less healthy.
7. Don’t starve yourself. Otherwise upon landing you’re going to make less wise eating choices or you’ll over eat unnecessarily.
- ABOUT SILVIA MORDINI, E-RYT, lululemon Ambassador, Life Coach, Teacher Trainer
Enthusiasm to love your life is contagious around Silvia. Her expert passion connects people to their own joyful potential. Silvia lives her happiness in such a big way that you can’t help but leave her classes, workshops, trainings and retreats spiritually uplifted!
Being a citizen of the world and spiritual adventurer is in her blood. Born in Ecuador, raised traveling around the world she is an enthusiastic friend gatherer who loves to discuss happiness psychology, poetry, music, books, travel and philosophy. She is a long-time love anthropologist and humble student of life who enjoys meeting interesting people, spiritual seekers, soul surfers and most anyone who makes her laugh.
Silvia currently resides in Seattle where she makes yoga approachable and inspiring for everyone. Her focus is on bringing more fun on the mat with the hope that how we practice our yoga becomes how we live our life. As an Experienced Yoga Teacher (E-RYT) with over 9,000 hours of yoga teaching experience who has been practicing yoga over the last 15 years after being run over by a car and using it to recover physically and emotionally.
Silvia is the creator of Alchemy of Yoga, a nationally recognized RYT200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training (Self-Study) Program in its 12 cycle. She owned a successful, well-loved Chicagoland yoga studio for 9 years. Silvia writes regularly for mindbodygreen.com along with producing her “Loving Your Day” videos and Love Your Life yoga blog. She is a proud lululemon ambassador, life coach and Manduka ambassador, who offers popular workshops on Living Your Yoga, Chakra Vinyasa, Hip-Hop Yoga, Yoga and Journaling, Ayurveda, Meditation and Manifestation. Silvia and her partner also lead Spiritual Adventure Yoga Retreats Nationally and Internationally through Alchemy Tours.
Silvia can be reached:
Web: http://www.alchemytours.com or http://www.silviamordini.com
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Silvia Mordini (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1164596386)